Monday, March 1, 2010

Practice Makes More Tech Savy


We tell our kids, "Practice makes perfect." Knowing full well that perfect doesn't really happen but that practice is essential to learning anything new.  So, it is with me and all the "stuff" I am learning in the process of putting together a couple of blogs, an online shop, marketing them, myself, and my products.  Then, I get to analyze what I've done, and work to improve all of the above.

So, I have tweaked this blog in a couple of ways.  The first is that I have begun adding some additional pages.  The first of which will show the colorways I have established.  You will notice tabs across the top of the blog (below the main title but above the post title).  As of right now there are two: home and colorways.  I have only added one color today but this will be the place to go when you want to see all the pretty colors.

The second addition is the ability to create mailing lists for newsletters.  I am planning on doing three different types of newsletters: one to announce  new colorways, one as new yarns become available for purchase, and a general one on news and happenings.  As of now, I am still in the planning stages of these but I wanted to let you know that there are some cool changes going on here.  In all likelyhood, the colors and yarn availability will be as needed but hopefully not more than twice a month.  I plan to put the general news one on a schedule.  Perhaps every other week.  I am counting on you to let me know what you like and don't like as I work through all of this.

The button to sign up for any (OR ALL) of the newsletters is at the very top and also at the very bottom of the page.

Oh, oh, oh...I almost forgot...when you click on the button you will be asked for your email address.  This information is not now, nor will it ever be for sale to anyone.  All information is kept on a secure site that is completely seperate from the blog itself.  You will also be asked to list your two favorite colors.  This is optional.  There are check boxes for which newsletter(s) you would like to receive.  One of the options is to be notified just when I create something in the color(s) you list as your favorites.  This way, if you love blue but hate pink you won't have to see any unwanted pinkness (unless there is also blue in the same colorway).

Here's a quick peak at some of the stuff I was working on earlier today (besides the newsletter stuff and colorway stuff)...














That's it for now...when these are properly dried I will have a photo fest and will then introduce them to you properly.  I've also been spinning some outrageously soft alpaca....




1 comment:

  1. I had no clue you could make other pages for your blog. I'll be watching to see what you do next. I love love love the yarn you showed today on both pages

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete