Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Knitter's Day Out 2011

I finally attended a show as a VENDOR! Knitter's Day Out (KDO) is a small but well attended one day event (with some bonus time on Friday evening) held each September at the Central Pennsylvania College in Summerdale, PA. The vendors are primarily local (and a few from farther away) yarn shops. 

I took a few photos Friday afternoon as people were setting up... was too busy Saturday at our booth to wander around very much. Besides, I was having too much fun meeting and talking to great folks. 

All set up just waiting for Mom and her fiber to arrive

Mom all set up and getting ready to start spinning.

During the show I spun part of one of my braids of roving using my favorite Golding drop spindle while Mom spun up some Brains using her brand new Lendrum wheel. Spinning in public is a great conversation starter; even among fiber folks.

Before and After spun by me at the show on my drop spindle.

Before and After spun by Mom at home the week before the show.

Handspun Brains

No comments:

Post a Comment