Monday, June 6, 2011

Thank You

Balticon has come and gone. It was a glorious long weekend full of friends who are so amazingly talented and creative. The highlight of the weekend was the Needleworker's Tea. Or, as I preferred to call it, the Yarnaholic's Tea. It was arranged by three friends of mine in the style of a formal tea. It was so successful that there was hardly room to move. It will happen again next year (with a few tweaks...like a bigger room and more time).

There were people knitting, spinning, crocheting, and doing needlepoint and cross-stitch there.  The tables were laden with every imaginable type of biscuit, cookie, cake, and scone; and there were at least a dozen different varieties of tea in beautiful teapots. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and it was a joy to see so many people enjoying yarn, tea, and yummy goodness.

As for my sales, this year was even more successful than last year. Overall, my sales were up 50% and of the eight colorways I created, I sold out of four of them!!  The few remaining skeins will go into my Balticon Yarn Vault. I'm not sure what I'll do with them now, but they can go sit with the few skeins left from last year. Perhaps, one day I'll make a larger special project out of them...

Thank you to those who purchased these Limited Edition colorways that are so special to me and were such a joy to create. I'm already thinking about some of the books and/or podcasts that I might try using as inspiration for next year... I hope to see you there!

2 comments:

  1. Now this just makes one wonder exactly what you do have in that precious vault of yours and what it would take for you to open it back up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a couple from last year and a few from this year. But, I might knit something for myself from some of this year's yarn...

    ReplyDelete