Saturday, August 21, 2010

Rhinebeck

The first new colorway for the the Fall and Winter of 2010 is called "Rhinebeck".  I wanted to make a colorway that reminded me of the fall foliage that to me is synonymous with the New York Sheep and Wool Festival that is held in Rhinebeck, NY in mid October.

I used two different browns, burnt orange, gold, and a handful of reds.  However, I didn't want to use primary red or yellow.  While those colors can certainly be found in the leaves at that time of year I wanted to avoid them since they are already featured rather predominantly in some of my other colorways.

The colors are placed on the skein in such a way so that similar colors line up together.  The effects is swirling stripes of gorgeous fall color.  Perfect for this time of year!

Reds, gold, orange, and brown swirling leaves













I like the tonality of the reds and golds.


Swirling around the sock.
Coming up next....

"Hayride"!












No comments:

Post a Comment