Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Updates (Lovelyarns #1 & Yarn Garden)

Just a couple of quick updates.  No new photos today.  The next post will be loaded though, I promise.

Balticon came and went.  I didn't do any posts here or anywhere for that matter because it was such a whirlwind of people, experiences, and ideas.  I didn't want to analyze it to death or dwell on it.  It was an amazing experience that I will always remember fondly.  Next year I think I will be better prepared for the wonderfully intense madness that is Balticon and will be able to tell you all about it. Or, better yet, join me there!  (Memorial Day weekend.)

The Balticon Limited Edition Colorways were a huge success.  I have already had requests to use certain books for the inspiration for next year's colors.  I'm keeping them in mind...  

The first Limited Edition Colorway for a yarn shop is about to leave Dyed Bright Here...

The shop colors at Lovelyarns in Baltimore are a soft mint green, and lavender.  Sue Caldwell, the owner of Lovelyarns, wanted her first LE yarn to reflect these colors that are so special to her and the shop and also chose to add a bit of turquoise for some punch.  So, with those things (and some photos of the shop for reference) I went into the dye kitchen and cooked up some yarn goodness.  I created a new lavender (named Lovely rather appropriately) that I hadn't used before and then created "Lovelyarns #1.  It will be shipping out in the next few days.

Please join me in welcoming The Yarn Garden of Carlisle to the Dyed Bright Here family of shops!!  Hillary and Jill are the owners of this shop.  They are located on the beautiful, tree-lined West Pomfret Street in the Historic District of downtown Carlisle, PA.  This street is full of wonderful, artsy, little shops, cafes, and restaurants in reclaimed historic buildings (check out the renovated fire station a couple of doors down from them--exquisite architecture).  Besides being able to snag the most amazing yarns here (including mine in about a week), you can find one-of-a-kind creations by all sorts of artists in the wonderful gallery-like shops.

This shop is special to me for a couple of reasons.  First, this was one of the very first local yarn shops I discovered in the area and without a doubt the one that made me feel the most welcome.  The atmosphere here is bright, sophisticated, cheerful, welcoming, and laid-back.  Their inventory covers the full range of anything and everything a knitter could ever want in terms of types of yarns, fibers, colors, and prices and is displayed in such a way as to be beautiful and inviting without making the shop feel cluttered.  You can breathe here, create here, relax here.  Secondly, Hillary was the first person to encourage me to sell to yarn shops.  Her encouragement has meant the world to me.

That's it for updates...I need to get back to the dyes...

Next post will be mostly pictures....I'll show you Lovelyarns #1...  I know you are going to love it.  Remember though, it's a Limited Edition.  Only a certain number of skeins will be dyed this gorgeous colorway and it will only be available at Lovelyarns in Baltimore (though if you don't live near there, I'm sure Sue would be willing to take an order on her website and mail some to you).

Oh, and I'm working on some new colorways for Fall.....

No comments:

Post a Comment