Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Better Late Than Never


In previous posts I mentioned the sweater I made for Addison and my Got Gauge sweater.  At the time of those postings I had not gotten off my ass to take the damn pictures did not have photos available. As Drew Barymore so famously said a long time ago...



They're here....








This was made from a bulky roving yarn from Nashua that has been discontinued.  I can't remember what yarn the trim is made from.  I just know it was pure luck that I found something in the same type and weight of yarn that went so well with the original.  It is from a different yarn manufacturer.
















And here...















I have plans to make another one of the Got Gauge sweaters (and write the directions down this time).  It started off as a tank top with eyelets for ribbon to be woven through.  Large women (such as myself) should probably not chose to accentuate their width by having ribbons (skinny little ribbons at that) form horizontal lines around their bodies.  So, as you can see...no ribbons.  No tank top either although that is still on my short list of designs I am working on mentally right now.  But, I think the next time I do this it will be in a size small (as most of the things I am making right now are due to financial and time constraints) or even better yet in a child size.  Hmm. I have three skeins of Claudia Hand Painted Sock Yarn in related colorways that might be pretty awesome as a sweater for a little girl.....

No comments:

Post a Comment