Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome

Hello. My name is Susan Stacy Baiman Taliaferro. You can call me 'Sue'. In all actuality I will answer to just about anything but 'Sue' seems easiest and most straightforward.

This is my new job. My new life. If you came here from my existing blog http:moreyarnforme.blogspot.com then you are well aware of this change. For those who haven't read my earlier stuff here's the short version. I was recently laid off from my job in a wholesale food warehouse. Now, I am starting out as an independant designer. Of knitwear and knitting patterns.

This blog is devoted to that endeaver. I am currently working on a number of designs. The first few will be submitted to Knitty.com. Unfortunately, I can't show my designs here before I submit them.

Even as I am working on some things that I can't discuss I will also be working through themes, issues, design elements, and just working on the many aspects of my craft. So, I am sure I will have plenty of things to discuss.

One of the avenues I am starting to explore is working with the local yarn shops, their proprieters, and their customers. With that in mind I will be first introducing you to these wonderful places.

So, welcome on this journey with me. It should be a fun ride (hopefully not too bumpy). Our next stop will be the Yarn Garden in Carlisle, PA. (Please keep all hands and arms inside while the ride is in motion.)

No comments:

Post a Comment