Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Introducing the Limited Edition Colorways for Balticon 2010

I have found a new and exciting way to amuse myself  stretch my wings as a dyer  colaborate with some awesome people and create cool new colorways in the process.  I will be creating limited edition colorways with the yarn shop owners for each season.  As a prequel to that adventure, a warm up if you will, I decided to create some unique colorways for the upcoming Balticon convention that I will be attending Memorial Day weekend outside of Baltimore.

I decided to use different genres of writing as the inspirational starting point.  Eventually, I also ended up using some specific authors and specific books for inspiration.  In some cases I had input from the authors themselves. In others from friends of the author.  These were in some cases surprises.

The surprises have all been reveled and it is time to unveil these to all... drum-roll please...

Introducing the Limited Edition High Society Sock Yarn Colorways of....

Balticon 2010


They are (from left to right): Flirty Girl, Cooley (The Fiend), Geist, Morevi, and Scouts.  Further information on each color (as well as lots of photographs) can be found on the Balticon colorway page.  There is a link at the top of the blog or you can click HERE.




I will be taking pre-orders from Balticon participants first, selling them at Balticon, and if there is any stock left and further interest selling them in my shop after that.

Because these are for a special event, I will have special pricing.  And, because there is a limited quantity available I am going to limit purchases to one skein of a particular colorway until after Balticon.  Once the convention is over I will entertain any questions about availability.  In the meantime, here are the prices for Balticon participants:

One colorway, $20/skein = $20
Two colorways, $18/skein = $36
Three colorways, $16/skein = $48
Four colorways, $14/skein = $56
Complete set of all five colorways, $12/skein = $60

Regular retail price for my sock yarn is $22/skein.  So, you can save almost 50% on the complete set!

So, if you will be attending Balticon and would like to purchase any of these for yourself or a knitter in your life, either send me a DM on Twitter (@BrightEyedDyer) or send an email to me at DyedBrightHere@gmail.com.  I will get the information from you and set up a special listing for you in my Etsy store.  All yarns will be delivered at Balticon.



No comments:

Post a Comment